The Senior Building Maintenance Manager
reports to the Director Property Services and maintains a working relationship with and takes direction from all Property Managers in his/her area for issues affecting their properties.
Issues may range from tenant improvement work to preventive maintenance and repair of all building systems. This must be done in a manner that not only protects, but also maximizes the value of the property. The Senior Building Maintenance Manager
must exhibit outstanding client service and professionalism in all interactions with tenants and staff. Teamwork and collaboration are critical to this position’s success.
- Supervise up to 8 employees.
- Maintain computerized or manual equipment logs that detail preventive work performed.
- Responsible for fleet management.
- Maintains equipment and materials inventory., and manages ordering and budgets, as needed.
- Responsible for development and implementation of safety processes and procedures.
- Respond immediately to emergency situations and customer concerns.
- Review elevator maintenance records and confirm elevator maintenance is performed per contractual agreements. Inspect condition of elevator machine rooms. Report any elevator deficiencies to their supervisor.
- Assist with review of tenant improvement plans. Inspect active construction areas and confirm contractors are following all building rules and regulations.
- Coordinate fire alarm and sprinkler shutdown and drain downs with contractors as needed.
- Coordinate all quarterly fire alarm testing and maintenance with building vendor.
- Maintain and operate life safety/fire systems.
- Troubleshoot, evaluate, and make recommendations to upgrade maintenance operations and/or implement savings opportunities.
- Possess competent knowledge of the use and care of tools and equipment used in facility and ground maintenance.
- Assist in inspecting buildings, grounds and equipment for unsafe or malfunctioning conditions and report to management.
- Inspect new installation for compliance with building codes and safety regulations.
- Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and company directives, as related to building operations and practice safe work habits.
- Daily communication with property management, engineering staff, security, tenants and contractors/vendors is vital.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Maintenance and Operation Duties:
- Understand OSHA guidelines and how to ensure that all equipment is maintained to guidelines/standards.
- Read and follow written and oral instructions.
- Convey thoughts and recommendations orally and/or in writing to supervisors, contractors and others to resolve building-related problems.
- Operate and use necessary manual and power-driven tools.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Minimum 5-7 years of building maintenance experience or commensurate experience in a trade (plumbing, electrical, HVAC).
- HVAC or electrical technical school training preferred.
- PC proficiency required.
- Experience with automated building management systems
- Ability to interpret mechanical, electrical blueprints and schematics.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Must be team oriented and a problem solver.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Manage own time daily with little supervision.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects, changing priorities, and continually heavy workloads.
- May be required to work extended periods of time without relief, when responding to priority/emergency situations (including overtime-type assignments)
- Stooping, standing, climbing and frequent lifting of a minimum of 50 lbs. of equipment (pump, tools, ladders) and ability to safely install rigging/lifting device.
- Lift and carry objects of up to 50 lbs. for distances of up to 30 feet.
- Climb ladders and stairs.
- Always maintain professional appearance and manner while in the complex.
- Will be required to perform off site duties using a personal vehicle.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Sign On Bonus: $500 sign on bonus payable upon 90 days of employment with the company.