JRES is seeking a Senior Commercial Appraiser to assist in overseeing the general operation of the business, expanding appraisal and consulting operations, and partnering with St. Louis-based Intelica CRE in diversifying the local office to include additional services including Brokerage, Investment, Property Management, and Development.
The ideal candidate for this position is a seasoned commercial/investment property appraiser and market analyst with experience analyzing a wide variety of property types, managing client relationships, and conducting & reviewing appraisals with associate appraisers. This candidate should have a proven record of generating revenue and controlling costs. This individual will be instrumental in determining and developing our valuation technology platform, ensuring improved efficiency of research, analysis, and report preparation.
Intelica Valuation Services, LLC dba JRES Intelica CRE is a diversified real estate advisory firm with a foundation of commercial and residential appraisal, appraisal review, market analysis, brokerage, and investment advisory services in Denver, Colorado. JRES assists clients with strategic direction and specific decisions for a wide variety of real estate situations. JRES merged with Intelica CRE, based in St. Louis, in 2021. The JRES Intelica CRE business plan includes expanding the real estate appraisal and consulting practice while also expanding into brokerage, investment, management, and development.
- Development of turnkey commercial appraisal line through strategic marketing and business development initiatives.
- Explore feasibility of and develop additional practice segments such as lender appraisals.
- Management of the overall commercial real estate appraisal process as well as manage individual client relationships and assignments.
- Advise clients on transportation or mobility-oriented development, apartments, and affordable housing.
- Ensure conformance of real estate appraisals with USPAP, federal appraisal regulatory requirements and specific client requirements as applicable.
- Appraise and analyze unusual or special use properties.
- Consult with property owners, lenders, governments, and community organizations on market and investment-based real estate research and analysis,
- Appraise and complete market study assignments for office buildings, apartment and condominium complexes, shopping centers, hospitality, industrial, mixed-use, “green” buildings, single-family residences, residential and commercial subdivisions, and vacant land, both urban and rural,
- Advise on a wide variety of projects, including assessed value appeals and arbitrations, mass appraisal consulting, market and feasibility studies, development opportunity research, entitlements consulting and management, development or redevelopment cash flow projections, and development project management.
- Development and engagement of additional associate appraisers
- Resolve deficiencies with appraisal reports in a timely and professional manner.
- Execute against timelines and schedules while carefully managing quality and risk of the deliverables
- Perform a variety of professional, complex duties associated with the gathering and analysis of pertinent descriptive data relating to property assessment
- Responsible for the determination and explanation of property valuations
- Respond to inquiries from clients concerning appraisals, explain and discuss applicable laws, codes, and procedures with property owners and their representatives
- Ensure consistent, high-quality delivery of Valuation and Appraisal services
- Liaise across departments and divisions to support a cross-selling culture of all services
- Assist with business development for new and existing clients
- Perform managerial and administrative duties within JRES Intelica CRE.
- Implement technology to develop strategies, programs, training, policies, and procedures to support business functions, organizational goals, and ensure alignment with federal, state, and local regulations
- Coach and set expectations for staff and ensure adherence to policies/procedures
- Provide supervision on daily logistical and programmatic tasks and activities associated with the delivery of services
- Align work schedules with business needs and communicate expectations
- Prepare budgetary, personnel, and equipment requests for the division, responsible for the proper allocation of approved resources
- Certified General Real Estate Appraiser license
- MAI Membership designation with the Appraisal Institute or advanced candidate status highly preferred
- 5+ years of experience appraising and reviewing appraisals of various complex commercial properties
- Bachelor’s Degree in real estate, accounting, finance, business, economics, or related field
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with Appraisal Technology and ability to determine software needs of a business or division
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Must have a clear understanding and knowledge of USPAP and federal appraisal regulatory requirements.
- Strong analytical and research skills; developed technical writing ability.
- Proven ability to be self-motivated and manage multiple projects simultaneously to meet deadlines and quality standards.
- Strong problem resolution and analytical skill; ability to make objective decisions based on data analysis within restricted time frames.
- Familiarity with environmental assessment reports is a plus.
- Practical application and understanding of Discounted Cash Flows and modeling ability in Argus or comparable platform preferred.
JRES is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, pregnancy, family responsibility, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other protected characteristic by applicable law.